Monday, April 26, 2010

Sunday ( Anzac Day )

Sunday ( Anzac Day )

Hi Everyone;

Now for those who doesn't know what Anzac Day is I suggest you Google it so you learn something new. Come on it won't hurt you.

Delwyn made us breakfast this morning before we hurried off to church, We decided to sit in the back row on my behalf for now until I am comfortable and can cope with being around people.

Anyway Peter Boyd came and talked with me some and told me to relax, He being encouranging me by email and face to face, He always been nice to me from the very start; I appreciate him.

Also my friend Collin came up and talked with me some and about the funeral he went too, and I told him about my friend Nate's granny having cancer and if he could keep her in prayer and He said he would, He is a nice guy. Later as the church was filling up, a lady took a chair from the front of me and took it elsewhere and the Associate Pastor Peter Reynolds who sit in front asked where the chair go when he sit down next to where it was taken away and his wife told him what had happen then I tapped him on the shoulder and said don't worry I can fill that spot and streached my legs out as I have long legs and he chuckled; Him and Margaret his wife are nice people too. I sometimes give him a hard time about being an ex Baptist and how he betrayed us Baptist brothers lol.

The pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church; Peter Boyd preached from Hebrews 4:1-13 “ Reaching God's Rest ( Sermon Title) Thanks to my wife keeping notes I will share them with you.


~ In a fallen world where sin has so ravished everything,it is hard to find rest conflicts continue,out in the world or inside each of us.

In rest there is the idea of future hope for human destroya rest that the human heart yearns for.

We are called to be anchored in Jesus Christ so we are not drifting.

/*Heb 3:10,11 but this rest is God's rest - Heb 4:3-5 */

After creation God rested on the 7^th day – A sabbath day of rest. This establishs a principle in human history. This is to tell us something about the future,the idea of rest for God was not to sit and do nothing.God stopped from his labour and was satisfied & and enjoyed a work well done. Resting after a day of labour is satisfying. God was willing to bring the people of Israel into rest but by their disobedience they forfeited that rest.

There is also a Great Rest to come. Rest reminds us of this great rest to come; a taste and reminder of what is to come. The Israelites missed out of the rest of the Promise Land.

Numbers 14: Joshua & Caleb told the people God would not let them enter the land.

After 40 years when the people came back Joshua led them into the land.Hebrew 4:8 However Joshua couldn't give them complete rest. Only God in the future can give us rest.Our eternal rest is given to us by God because of what God has done for us in the Lord Jesus Christ, On Sunday ,the Lord's day we rest from the labours of 6 days, and look forward to our eternal rest & wishes we will go with that rest earned for us by the death of Jesus Christ.

Sunday is a grace worship that some of us fall away. We are called to avoid the conditions of heart that causes us to turn away.

To examine our hearts, and ask if we are the true believer of Jesus Christ and true inside where only Jesus sees.

Hi Everyone;

Now for those who doesn't know what Anzac Day is I suggest you Google it so you learn something new. Come on it won't hurt you.

Delwyn made us breakfast this morning before we hurried off to church, We decided to sit in the back row on my behalf for now until I am comfortable and can cope with being around people.

Anyway Peter Boyd came and talked with me some and told me to relax, He being encouranging me by email and face to face, He always been nice to me from the very start; I appreciate him.

Also my friend Collin came up and talked with me some and about the funeral he went too, and I told him about my friend Nate's granny having cancer and if he could keep her in prayer and He said he would, He is a nice guy. Later as the church was filling up, a lady took a chair from the front of me and took it elsewhere and the Associate Pastor Peter Reynolds who sit in front asked where the chair go when he sit down next to where it was taken away and his wife told him what had happen then I tapped him on the shoulder and said don't worry I can fill that spot and streached my legs out as I have long legs and he chuckled; Him and Margaret his wife are nice people too. I sometimes give him a hard time about being an ex Baptist and how he betrayed us Baptist brothers lol.

The pastor of Covenant Presbyterian Church; Peter Boyd preached from Hebrews 4:1-13 “ Reaching God's Rest ( Sermon Title) Thanks to my wife keeping notes I will share them with you.


~ In a fallen world where sin has so ravished everything,it is hard to find rest conflicts continue,out in the world or inside each of us.

In rest there is the idea of future hope for human destroya rest that the human heart yearns for.

We are called to be anchored in Jesus Christ so we are not drifting.

Heb 3:10,11 but this rest is God's rest - Heb 4:3-5

After creation God rested on the 7th day – A sabbath day of rest. The gospel of this is that there is a day of rest.This establishs a principle in human history. This is to tell us something about the future,the idea of rest for God was not to sit and do nothing.God stopped from his labour and was satisfied & and enjoyed a work well done. Resting after a day of labour is satisfying. God was willing to bring the people of Israel into rest but by their disobedience they forfeited that rest.

There is also a Great Rest to come. Rest reminds us of this great rest to come; a taste and reminder of what is to come. The Israelites missed out of the rest of the Promise Land.

Numbers 14: Joshua & Caleb told the people God would not let them enter the land.

After 40 years when the people came back Joshua led them into the land.Hebrew 4:8 However Joshua couldn't give them complete rest. Only God in the future can give us rest.Our eternal rest is given to us by God because of what God has done for us in the Lord Jesus Christ, On Sunday ,the Lord's day we rest from the labours of 6 days, and look forward to our eternal rest & wishes we will go with that rest earned for us by the death of Jesus Christ.

Sunday is a grace worship that some of us fall away. We are called to avoid the conditions of heart that causes us to turn away.

To examine our hearts, and ask if we are the true believer of Jesus Christ and true inside where only Jesus sees.

We are called to walk by faith and not by sight; To look beyond what our eyes see to what God has for us.

Make every effort. Heb 4:11

It is a command effect Heb. 3:13. Encourage one another.
I thought this was a good sermon to share with you guys, anyway after church service there was a Church luncheon but I didn't feel comfortable about staying and told my wife Delwyn that I was sorry for being a pain and she said Its ok, I want you to get well, your more important. (Ain't she a sweetheart.)

So we came home and had ham & cheese sandwiches and coffee. Later there was a racket outside and Jazz came home from church and said that the Sikhs were having a parade down our street down into town; and for those who watched them at the end of the road gets snacks and etc; so Me to my curosity had to see this for the first time and take pictures, so we got drinks,snacks and apples; and I thought that was nice of them lol and then we came back to the house and I asked what do they believe? So Allan quickly got on google and read what they had; a bunch of interesting stuff.

Then later Delwyn went to her mums for a while and I got on the computer and chatted with friends, later she left and went to church and I decided to stay home, later Jazz got to talking about Calorie Counter and then we got to talking about Calories then from one subject to another then I looked on Sparkpeople the group I used to belong to, then we got to talking about exercise stuff and we did measurements and weighing and etc. then I said something about the exercise ball they had at The Warehouse; and she said we should go and check it out so Jazz,Allan and myself jumped in the car and ran down to The Warehouse and I bought me a ball, and they got themselves a soccerball. Then we looked at the bicycles and got to talking and I said I don't know if any of those helments fit my big head then I saw that you can adjust them and I thought cool, so its a possibilty in the future around Christmas I may have a new bike and Helment and etc; I think it be cool to ride a bike again I can't remember the last time I rode one. Lol

Then we headed home and I said I hope we beat Delwyn back home cause she would get worried about us, but we got home in plenty of time.

When we got home we looked about trying to air up the excersise ball but we didn't think we had the right pump so I went to Bryan and asked him if he had his pump available but it wasn't in the house but in the storage shed, so we decided to wait until Morning.

Delwyn arrived home and Jazz and Allan made Tea once again, it was the same as the night before, still just as good, not leftovers but they cooked up the same meal.

I got on the computer doing some searching and looking at Cockrell family history for a friend so I can send it to her, beginning to think I am not good at this like my wife is.

Then we talked and watched some television then decided to go to bed.

So thats it for Sunday. To all the Fallen Heros & Heros that remain;Thank You for my freedom and those I love deeply. Oh and Thank you Sihks for my Treats.

Posted via email from billcockrell's posterous

No comments: